I’m really excited that it is almost October, and that it is already fall! I love fall so much with the rain, and the leaves changing color, and pumpkin spice everything, and of course Halloween! Anyways, here is what I did in September, and my goals for October!Continue reading “September 2020 wrap up and October goals”
Hello! My name is Aria, I haven’t posted in almost 2 weeks, and I’m kind of in a blogging slump. But I want to get this post out before it’s October, so here I am.
September is here, and has actually been here for a while. I sort of popped off the blogosphere for a week and a half, because I was gone, and then I came back but I had some stuff going on, and I had no motivation to write.
But here is what I did in September, in all its bookish and non-bookish splendor.Continue reading “August 2020 wrap up and September goals”
Hello! It’s already August, which is crazy, but I did get a lot of reading and writing done in July, so I’m going to get right into this post!Continue reading “July 2020 wrap up and August goals”
Hello! It is crazy that it’s already July, and that we’re more than halfway through 2020. In this post, I have a wrap up of what I accomplished in June, and my goals for July!Continue reading “June 2020 wrap up and July goals”
Hello! I meant to write this post yesterday, but that didn’t happen, so here I am now with my May wrap up and June goals!Continue reading “May 2020 wrap up and June goals”
Hello! It it is finally May, and I am so excited! So, I’m going to keep this introduction very short, and without further ado, here is my April 2020 wrap up, and my May goals!Continue reading “April 2020 wrap up and May goals”
Hello. Hi. How are you? It’s finally April! It’s Spring! I am spending this great time… sheltering in place. Socially distanced, I am writing, reading, blogging, sleeping, eating, thinking about how right now, we are in the midst of a global pandemic. How covid-19 has spread across the globe. But, right now, I’m going to go into my March wrap up, April goals and a little general update!Continue reading “March 2020 wrap up and April goals”
Hello readers! This post is already kind of late, and I don’t feel like making this very long, so here is a quick summary of what I accomplished in February, and what my plans are for March!Continue reading “February 2020 wrap up and March goals”
I can’t believe that it’s already February! I meant to write this post a while ago, (Like nine days ago) but as you might already know, I’m not very good at planning posts in advanced! Anyways, here’s how my month went:
I can’t believe that it’s already February! I meant to write this post a while ago, (Like nine days ago) but I haven’t had that much time recently. Anyways, here’s how my month went:
I read 23 books in January.
How I did on my reading goals:
- The Gilded Wolves, by Roshani Chokshi–✅
- Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo–❌
- Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo–✅
- The Teacher’s Funeral, by Richard Peck–✅
- Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus, by Dusti Bowling–✅
- Hook’s Revenge: The Pirate’s Code, by Heidi Schulz–✅
- 500 Words or Less, by Julia Del Rosario–✅
- Okay For Now, by Gary D. Schmidt–✅
- The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart–✅
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: The Perilous Journey, by Trenton Lee Stewart–✅
- The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict, by Trenton Lee Stewart–❌
- It Ain’t So Awful, Falafel, by Firoozeh Dumas–✅
I wrote 16 posts in January.
- WWW Wednesday 14
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Audiobooks
- December 2019 Wrap Up
- Chapter 3: Wendy
- WWW Wednesday 15
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Bias towards authors
- 2020 Bookish resolutions
- Top Ten Tuesday: bookish discoveries I made in 2019
- There’s this thing called OBOB
- Top Ten Tuesday: recent additions to my bookshelf
- WWW Wednesday 16
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Anxiety and book blogging
- Top Ten Tuesday: amazing book covers
- Haveli, by Suzanne Fisher Staples | Mini review
- Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo | Review
- Let’s Talk Bookish: required reading
How I did on my posting goals:
- 1 tag–❌
- 1 other post–✅
- 2 Chapters of my story–❌
- 2 book reviews–✅
- 3 Top Ten Tuesday–✅
- 4 Let’s Talk Bookish–✅
- 5 WWW Wednesday–❌
I finally read Six of Crows.
You can read my review here.
I completely reorganized my bookshelf and put fun lights on it.
I for the first time actually organize my bookshelf by genre, and I’m really proud of myself for doing that, because before I
I did a lot of stuff.
So even though my entire month was completely planned out very well, and I didn’t accomplish all of my goals, I’m happy with what I got done.
I’m not going to completely plan out and set a lot of goals for February, and I’m not going to write out a TBR (to be read), but I do want to finish reading all of the books that were on my winter TBR.
So… the books that I have yet to read are these:
- Black Radishes, by Susan Lynn Meyer
- Orange for the Sunsets, by Tina Athaide
- Turtle in Paradise, by Jennifer L. Holm
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelo
- Before We Were Free, by Julia Alvarez
That’s only five books, and I’ll most likely read more, but the other books I read will be for OBOB. (a reading competition I’m doing that’s through my school)
For my posting goals, I want to write:
- 1 Other post
- 1 Tag
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Top Ten Tuesday
- 3 WWW Wednesday
- 3 Let’s Talk Bookish
That adds up to thirteen posts, and plus this one is fourteen, and thats a good amount for me.
I also want to get some writing done, and work a little more on the story I’ve been working on.
And that’s it for my January wrap up and goals for February! I hope you are all having a great 2020 so far!
What are your February goals? How was your January? How is 2020 going for you so far? Chat with me in the comments below!
Hello! This post is a little late, and I meant to finish it yesterday, but I did go to the library and I got a few books that I’ve been meaning to read for a long time, and that everyone has been saying are amazing! Anyways, here’s my December wrap up; how I did on my December TBR, my January TBR, my goals for other posts, and that sort of thing!
Books I read/How I Did On My December TBR:
In December, I reread a few of the OBOB books (I think that I might be missing one or two!), but there were also a bunch of other books that I wanted to read, so here’s how I did!
- The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak————————————————————-yes!
- Sarah’s Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay————————————————————- yes!
- The Pox Party, The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing #1, by M. T. Anderson—–I am currently reading it!
- The Giant Pumpkin Suite, by Melanie Heuisier Hill—————————————-yes!
- Girl on a Wire, by Gwenda Bond————————————————————–yes!
- The Wolf Wilder, by Katherine Rundell—————————————————–yes!
- For Black Girls Like me, by Mariama J. Lockington—————————————-yes! (review here)
- All the Answers, by Kate Messner———————————————————–yes!
- Orange for the Sunsets, by Tina Athaide—————————————————no 😦
I also read/listened to some other books that weren’t on my TBR:
- 11 39 clues books (I don’t remember exactly which ones, but I know I listened to 11 of them)
- Hattie Big Sky
- It Ain’t So Awful, Falafel (review here)
- The School for Good and Evil
- The School for Good and Evil: a world without princes
In all, I read about 22 books, which is really good, and I’m really happy about that. December was also the first full month where I’ve almost completely tracked the books I’ve read!
My January TBR:
- The Gilded Wolves, by Roshani Chokshi
- Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo
- Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo
- The Teacher’s Funeral, by Richard Peck
- Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus, by Dusti Bowling
- Hook’s Revenge: The Pirate’s Code, by Heidi Schulz
- 500 Words or Less, by Julia Del Rosario
- Okay For Now, by Gary D. Schmidt
- The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: The Perilous Journey, by Trenton Lee Stewart
- The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict, by Trenton Lee Stewart
- It Ain’t So Awful, Falafel, by Firoozeh Dumas
I just went to the library and got 10 books, and although sadly there were a lot of books that were already checked out, I was able to get a few of the books I’ve been wanting to read! I’m especially really excited to read The Gilded Wolves, by Roshani Chokshi, which I have seen amazing reviews of, and I also am really looking forward to reading Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo. I was going to get the sequel, A Crooked Kingdom, at the library, but they didn’t have it! I also am excited to read the Mysterious Benedict Society, because I have seen wonderful things about that series as well!
My goals for the posts I wanted to write, and how I did:
In December, I wanted to write, in all, 15 posts, (not including the November wrap up), and here’s how I did!
- 3: Top Ten Tuesday
- 4: WWW Wednesday
- 3: Let’s Talk Bookish
- 4: Book Reviews
I also ended up posting sections of a story I’ve been working on:
And, I was nominated by Rukky @ Eternity Books for the Real Neat Blog Award!
So, all in all, I met all of my goals, and did more! I wrote 19 blog posts, and I’m really happy with that!
Posts I want to write in January:
I want to write:
- 1 tag
- 1 other post
- 2 Chapters of my story
- 2 book reviews
- 3 Top Ten Tuesday
- 4 Let’s Talk Bookish
- 5 WWW Wednesday
That is 18 posts, plus this one, which makes 19, the same number of posts I did last month!
So, that pretty much wraps up my month! What’s on your January TBR? Have you read Six of Crows, or The Gilded Wolves? Chat with me in the comments below!