Hey there, and happy Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl where each week there is a topic and you make a list that best fits that topic! This week’s topic is The Last Ten Books I Abandoned.
Books I DNF’d
So basically, books that I started to read, but never finished.
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Cuelo
- The Pox Party, by
- Pride and Predjudice, by Jane Austen
With Pride and Prejudice, I think that I just didn’t understand it well enough. In a couple years, I’ll try again! I only read a few pages though. The Alchemist just didn’t really, well, make me interested. I read about a third of it I think, and I just wasn’t enjoying it. The Pox Party was kind of weird, and I didn’t like it very much. I also didn’t really understand the plot. I tried to get through it, but I just couldn’t.
Books I took off my TBR
So, books that I marked as TBR, then decided I didn’t actually want to read it
- Hmm, so was thinking that this was a good idea for a few of the books, but now I can’t think of any books in particular
- I even scrolled through my very long TBR, and couldn’t find any books that I didn’t want to read and that I didn’t find interesting
- I guess I just want to read so many books!
Books I lost interest in rereading
I reread. A lot. Like, I love rereading books, I really do, so if I really don’t feel like rereading a book, I guess it kind of means I sort of gave up on it.
- Out of my Mind, by Sharon M. Draper
Sharon M Draper is one of my favorite authors, and I enjoyed this book. I just don’t want to reread it. I don’t know why. I’ve tried to pick it up again a few times, and each time, I just lose interest.
So, that post turned out slightly differently then I thought it would, but I did come up with 4 books that I sort of gave up on! And yeah, I’m sure that there are others. But those are a few that I could come up with right now.